- Hornsby Counselling and Psychology is not a bulk billing practice, so there will be an out of pocket cost. Our reception staff can advise you regarding session costs.
- Payment can be made at the time of service by cash, debit or credit card (Visa & Mastercard)
- Clients are eligible for a rebate when they are referred by their doctor under Medicare (see below). We will process your claim electronically through to Medicare after you have paid your account. Usually, the Medicare rebate will be transferred into your bank account (provided that you have registered your bank details with Medicare) within 24 hours.
- Many health funds offer rebates for the cost of counselling with a psychologist. Please check with your health fund to see whether you are eligible for a rebate.
- Currently, none of our psychologists participates in Third part organizations such as: the ATAPS, Victims of Crime, Employee Assisted Programs program or Workcover.
- All of our psychologists are registered providers of psychological services under Medicare.
- Medicare rebates are available provided a GP lodged a Mental Health Care Plan and written a referral letter. To obtain this from your GP simply book an extended consultation with your GP and ask for an Assessment under the Better Access to Mental Health Care scheme. Your GP will provide a mental health care plan and a referral letter that you need to bring to your first session.
- Your psychologist will need a copy of the referral letter in order to process your rebate. Eligible people can usually receive up to 10 sessions per calendar year, however, your GP will need to assess your progress after six sessions.
- We can electronically process your Medicare rebates ($84.80 ) once your account is paid and the rebate will go into your account that Medicare has on record.
In consideration to the treating psychologist and the clients waiting for appointments, at least 48 hours (two business days) notice is required to change or cancel appointments, or a fee will be charged. This gives us enough time to offer the appointment to another client. The cancellation fee is 100% of the full appointment fee for less than 24 hours (one business day) notice or 50% of the full fee for less than 48 hours (two business days) notice. (Exceptional circumstances include severe and unexpected illness i.e. admissions to hospital). Medicare and private health funds do not cover cancelled appointments.
Please note that while we endeavour to remind you of your appointments through SMS reminders, these should not be relied upon and we encourage you to make note of your future appointments.